Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
This makes me very angry and I turn into the Hulk when I'm angry.
bloody hell this is INCREDIBLE. you girlies are so damn hot and your editing...phwoar! next girls aloud methinks?! well done, you absolutely smacked it, you better enter this into some competitions! you've deffs stolen the media crown from liam's kissed a boy...much much sexier haha :) jazzi x
i like her hair colour. and the song is good.
"i think the fast paced editing went with the music and the set design was really good. the sync was v good too"
when i asked him if he had any criticisms, he said:
"i think the first time i watched it i didnt get the 'transformation' in all the girls but the second time i did"
I asked him if he could describe the narrative. he said:
"erm. like it shows the normal and wild side of these 4 girls. like i think its a profeminist thing with the mannequin, objectifying men and the voodoo thing controlling men"
I asked him what he thought of the two different settings. he said:
"i like the stark contrast between the white cold walls, whoch seem hrash compared with the much warmer bedroom. i think it works with the two different sides of the girls personality"
I asked him if he understood that the girls were part of me, and he said:
"yeah coz you were the only one to start with, and at the end".
That's really helpful I think.
- Sony HD DV Camera
- Mini DV Tapes
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Pag Lights
- Tall Lights
- HTML Codes
- Internet (research and recording work)
- very professional
- good performance
- good editing
- good colours
- like the jumpiness
- there's a shadow over the last shot, wondered if it could be edited (it can't)
- holly's orange shot has too much contrast
- camera static noise at end needs to be faded down
- love the flashy pokerchip bit
Here is a sample of the questionnaires.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
We wont just be handing out questionnaires we will also be asking questions in small groups to get a more personal feel of what people think
- if it looks professional - if so, why
- if it entertains them - if so how
- if it appeals to them - if so how
- if they can compare it to any other music videos they know
- their interpretations of the video
- if they can tell you anything about the identity of the artist
- what kinds of venues/appearances might be likely
- if they find your artist(s) appealing and if so why
- if they can identify a favourite moment
- if they have any criticisms - encourage them to be honest in their views
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Amelia - Q3 questionnaire, Q1 music video stuff (goodwin sheet)
Laura - Q1 album cover stuff (sheet), Q2
Holly - Q1 music video (Vernallis sheet), Q4 tech stuff
• Sony HD DV camera + microphone
• Mini DV tapes
• Adobe Premiere Pro
• Lights (PAG and tall ones)
Big lights made more glossy look
PAG got rid of shadows in bedroom scene
• HTML codes
• Internet (research)
• HD footage – can zoom in edit as is good quality
• Youtube.com – audience feedback
For photo – camera, tapes, premier pro, lights (studio and pag)
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
- Holly Woods
- Amelia Rose
- Laura (need to think of an interesting last name, sorry no offence!)
- Charlotte (same problem)
- Heidi Woods
- Amelie Rose
- Kali Rose
Thursday, November 19, 2009
"The Vixens" are a drum n bass DANCE group, they don't sing, have never released records, and are not very good... Also, they are NOT on Wikipedia, therefore I think we should be allowed to be called "The Vixens". I figure, if it's not on Wikipedia, then it's not copyrighted / famous enough.
So is everyone happy with "The Vixens"? I like it.
Obviously we'll need teacher confirmation, but HOPEFULLY it'll be ok..
- LOVE IT!
- No "criticism"
- Like the dip to whites
- Love the split screens
- Love the OTT colours
- Love all the looks
- Tight editing is looking good
- Good lipsynching
- Good distance contrasts
- Rhythym editing fits well to song
- Good unpredictable editing (half way through words)
- Like flash of black and white
- Love the colours
- Like dip to white
- Love slow motion
- LOVE shoe bit
- Use editing really well to construct video, creative tools and little details look good
- More narrative at the beginning and end and make a prequel then use the lyrics
- Try tone down the shiny skin
- Fix the space above the heads in group shots
- Use more flashes of black and white
- Use non-additive dissolve and dither dissolve more
- Use MAC transitions?
- Break it up with shots like shoes
So, obviously Mrs Blackborow was very keen on our music video which has helped to boost our confidence and from now we are going to try and add in the transitions and sort out the bits we need to sort but hopefully everything should be finished and looking great by our deadline. YAY! :)
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
We thought seeing as Laura is our main girl, but we play such a key role in the video that instead of being a solo singer, or just a group, it would be a fun idea to be '[Someone] and the [Somethings]'
This is quite a retro thing to do, famous in the motown days, but has been revived recently with bands like 'Florence and the Machine'
In the 50s most single artists had a band that would be named in their act when they performed
Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Three
Then in the 60s, Motowns hey-day, most groups were a main artist with their backing vocals.
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
Diana Ross and the Supremes
Gladis Knight and the Pips
Then in the 80s, other groups, had major success and featured this same name format
Kool & the Gang
Then in more recent times bands have adopted this format again to give a retro, and unique vibe to the band
Florence and the Machine
Monday, November 2, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
me and amelia just got back from harpenden, and realised we need to organise stuff.. we made a shooting schedule:
0800-0900 arrive, set up, get ready (hair and makeup)
0900-0945 amelia blue dress
0945-1030 holly blue dress
1030-1115 charlotte blue dress
1115-1200 laura blue dress
1200-1300 laura blue dress with 3 sins (Charlotte Amelia Holly)
1330-1430 holly sin
1430-1530 amelia sin
1530-1630 charlotte sin
1630-1730 laura sin
1730-1800 whatever we haven’t done!
we also begged billy for another day, so hopefully we'll get one..
so for tomorrow.
char - the song on CD + CD player
- your costume (black corset? blazer?)
- "hooker heels" for laura
- blue/purple dress
- accessories for sin
- some make up
Holly - your costume
- leather leggings
- Suzi (who has to bring makeup and accessories - fake eyelashes)
- accessories for your costume
- some makeup
- also, find out if you can get a lift back
Amelia - your costume
- hair straighteners + hairspray etc for maire atoinette
- green dress for laura (needs ironing)
- ALL the equipment
Laura - hair straighteners
- shooting schedule
- bring lunch as we don't want to waste time looking for food.
- try and raid your wardrobes for something to go with amelia's corset since neither her nor me have ANYTHING to go with it.
- get there a little before 8 as we want as much time as possible.
cool, ok.. oh and make sure suzi knows when and where to come.
49/50 Eagle Wharf Road
London N1 7ED
laura and amelia xxx
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
These two videos give examples of some the shots we could try. In editing, we could repeeat or re-wind some shots to give parts of the video a slightly weird feeling, especially in the parts where we've decided to try some robotic movements.
Dizzee Rascal: I Luv U
I can imagine Laura lolling around in a bedroom, thinking about this guy....and then her other personalities take over and we get transported to the studio as if within her mind.
What do other people think?
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
- I think we need more than one location. I was thinking we cuold start the video with some narrative in a bedroom (holly's mums?) and then cut to the studio as if it is her subconcious, becuase I don't see how it can start in the studio. And then perhaps it could go back there at the end?
- We need to make a shooting schedule
- I'm going to call Billy tomorrow and ask(/beg) for another day because i think we really need it. Also i think it would be good if we bought him some champagne or nice wine or something, to say thank you
Flirtatious green Extreme Color lenses are a great way to change your eye colour, with coloured iris patterns upon the lens for a colour change that actually works.
Flirtatious green Extreme Color Lenses are the most vibrant, deep yet colourful lenses you can buy.
These lenses are designed using smartcolor technology for quality and comfort and adheres to FDA guidelines for the manufacture of contact lenses.
Suitable for all eyes, these non prescription lenses offer no added vision powers and can be worn by all for fashion, weddings, parties or just to give yourself that desired look.
Extreme Color Contact Lenses can be worn for up to 30 whole days, or they can be used for 30 individual days spaced out over a 12 month period if cared for correctly.
All lenses come complete with fitting and care instructions with diagrams.
This item ships World-Wide within 24 hours."
That's what the website says.. do you think I should order them? Can't find any other good ones... and neither Boots, nor Superdrug, nor Cootes (stupid pharmacy in Finchley) do them!!!
We also learnt that we need A LOT of lights as such a big white space seems to make everything look quite dull, so we'll book all the lights at school and maybe some more if we need.
We spotted a male mannequin in the foyer surrounded by other props and ladders etc, so maybe we'll be able to use that.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
We've booked every light that the media department has, and might look for some more as we need LOADS.
After our auditions, we got TONNES of feedback and the overall choice was to have Laura as the 'main' girl, so we went with that.
The colours are just perfect, and it looks really frilly and old fashioned. I think if i wear it with a tutu or a frilly skirt it'll be great.
I also have a feather fan with I think would look good as it is the same colour pink as the corset.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I found these, which are striking and cheap! - £8.50 from this website.
I personally think the "Forest Green" are the best because they are the brightest, and will get noticed. Plus, they match the colour of the dress.
We also talked about using false eye-lashes to make even more impact around the eyes. Appparently Suzi, our helper, has 5 pairs of them, so that is great, but I also researched to find some just in case.
This is from here - £3.50 + £1 postage. Not bad!
Or here - £2.40 + £1 postage, even cheaper!
There are loads, so it depends what we're looking for in terms of size, colour, style etc. So we'll have a look at what Suzi's got, and make a decision.
For the eye make-up, I was thinking along the lines of this:
Something really bold that commands the audience to look at my eyes. I think all our make-up should be very over the top in a "top model" kind of way.
In terms of hair style, there are two options.
1) curly hair - resembling that of Meduca (except without the snakes). This would have lots of volume and be a bit out of control (reflecting the crazy envy).
2) dead straight - this could work well since it is very striking, and as it is quite simple, it would make the make-up stand out more, which may be better.
Practically, straight hair is probably a lot easier to style, despite my natural hair being wavy/curly, because to get the curls just right would take a lot of tong-ing and hair spray, whereas you can't go too wrong with a pair of straighteners... I'll try both in the next few weeks and see which one works better.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- Begin main character sitting with flowers or some sort of object that associates her with the man she is singing about looking sad
- Her 'bad personalities' come out and she throws away this object
- Performance of the 'bad personalities' shown almost corrupting her in a way (whispering in her ear, kind of seducing her)
- Performing with mannequin of a mans torso, representing the man she is singing about, pushing it around, 'controlling it'
- End on strong shot of main character in her normal outfit that she is wearing at the beginning but has the bold make up she has as her 'bad personality'
This is a very brief outline of the progression of the character. There will also be many other shots involving reference to the lyrics including:
- 'Do I twist, do I fold' - shot of playing cards, possibly with a kiss on the King/Queen of hearts
- 'Why don't you tell me my future' - shot with tarot cards, either looking at the cards or throwing them at the camera
- 'Here come the drums, here come the drums' - us miming drumming, either in the band uniforms or just as our personalities (this shot isn't important anymore but was one of our favourites when we thought of the idea and so can still be put in there just for fun
- 'You're kisses are cold' - a bad personality kissing the main character on the cheek
- 'Sticking pins in a doll' - sticking pins in a voodoo doll, or on the mannequinn so that it is not literally just illustration of the lyrics
- Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.
- Pride is excessive beliefe in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
- Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.
- Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.
- Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetourness.
- Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
- Wrath is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury.
1) Holly: 80's/disco
- Blue sequin dress & fur jacket, purple lips.
2) Amelia: 80's/disco
- Pink sequin dress, snakeskin platform shoes, purple lipstick
3) Charlotte: the deadly sin "LUST".
- Black play-suit, black heels, red lips.
- 80's/disco: Gold hotpants, snakeskin shoes.
- Dark green off-the-shoulder dress, dark lips, high heels.